Become a mentor and make a positive impact in a youth’s life!
Our youth need us. They need our help to imagine the future and their place in it. This is vital to their success and for their future.
Who are the youth that we serve?
- AYO serves middle and high school aged youth who live or go to school in Aurora.
- All of the youth in our program are in need of additional support in order to help them thrive.
- AYO serves a diverse population of youth and their families who come from all different types of backgrounds and experiences.
- If you would like to nominate a youth to AYO, please complete the Nomination Form. Youth who are nominated will need to complete the AYO Youth Survey so we can provide them with the resources that are best for them.For more information on the enrollment process, please refer to the tab “Nominate a Youth”.
What types of volunteers are we looking for?
- AYO seeks mentors from all backgrounds, ages (21+), experiences and careers.
- All of our volunteers go through an extensive interview process, must pass a federal and state background check as well as reference checks.
- We are looking for volunteers to help teach youth about important life skills, someone who will help them thrive, and who will expose them to new experiences!
- AYO’s mentor program provides one to one community based mentoring.
- Matches are made based on similar interests and personalities.
- AYO’s Mentor Specialists provide ongoing support to matches throughout the mentoring relationship.
- Mentor specialists are here to help you problem-solve, give you new ideas for activities to do with your mentee, and provide you with additional resources your mentee may need.
- AYO provides matches with free tickets to sporting games, museums, plays, musicals, etc.
When & Where?
- Mentors meet with their youth twice a month during a timeframe that works best for them doing activities in the community that they both enjoy.
- Not sure if you have time? AYO has mentors with a variety of different lifestyles, ranging from full times jobs, attending school, having families of their own, and much more. We would love to talk with you about how you can make time to mentor a youth!
- AYO’s mentoring program is flexible because mentors can bring their mentee along to do things they are already doing (running errands, making a meal, hiking, going to sporting games, etc.)!
I’m interested in becoming a mentor!
Please contact Kylie Monson at 303-739-1574 or email@example.com if you have any questions or to get a mentor interview scheduled. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Carroll Conley, 303-923-6327, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kylie Monson, 303-739-1574, email@example.com